Tinfoil Installer Not Working (2024)

H

HeatherineDreamer

New Member

OP

Newbie

Level 1

Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
1
Trophies
0
Age
33
XP
67
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (1)
  • Oct 13, 2020
  • #1

Hello, I'm pretty new still to using custom firmware and the like on my switch, and I just got a second SD Card so I could download more games. I have set up all the custom firmware on the new SD Card, and I'm having a problem I had with my very first SD Card, that eventually just seemed to fix itself. Basically I go to open up the tinfoil installer and it just closes immediately and doesn't install it. It's probably a problem on my end, I'm wondering how I may be able to fix this?

pin

Well-Known Member

Member

Level 5

Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
197
Trophies
0
XP
625
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (3)
  • Oct 13, 2020
  • #2

HeatherineDreamer said:

Hello, I'm pretty new still to using custom firmware and the like on my switch, and I just got a second SD Card so I could download more games. I have set up all the custom firmware on the new SD Card, and I'm having a problem I had with my very first SD Card, that eventually just seemed to fix itself. Basically I go to open up the tinfoil installer and it just closes immediately and doesn't install it. It's probably a problem on my end, I'm wondering how I may be able to fix this?

try this http://www.unders-domain.online/downloads.html

D

Dark Ronin

Well-Known Member

Member

Level 7

Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
334
Trophies
0
XP
1,215
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (4)
  • Oct 13, 2020
  • #3

Classic tinfoil won't install if you load Atmosphere with hekate or fusee-secondary. Only by using fusee-primary with proper sigpatches you can force tinfoil to run.

Draxzelex

Well-Known Member

Member

Level 23

Joined
Aug 6, 2017
Messages
19,052
Trophies
2
Age
29
Location
New York City
XP
13,516
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (6)
  • Oct 31, 2020
  • #4

HeatherineDreamer said:

Hello, I'm pretty new still to using custom firmware and the like on my switch, and I just got a second SD Card so I could download more games. I have set up all the custom firmware on the new SD Card, and I'm having a problem I had with my very first SD Card, that eventually just seemed to fix itself. Basically I go to open up the tinfoil installer and it just closes immediately and doesn't install it. It's probably a problem on my end, I'm wondering how I may be able to fix this?

Just use Awoo Installer instead.

  • Tinfoil Installer Not Working (7)

Reactions:

LegzRwheelz

Lacius

Well-Known Member

Member

Level 26

Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
18,100
Trophies
3
XP
18,368
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (10)
  • Jan 16, 2021
  • #6

heganovicgamer said:

So my switch turned off and I accidentally deleted chat where a guy that sold me said to do when that happens and I don't have his number. I searched everywhere online but I can't find how to turn it back on...

You probably have AutoRCM installed. Connect the Switch to your computer and send a payload to it using something like TegraRcmGUI to send a payload to the system. If you're using Atmosphere, make sure the Atmosphere files are up to date on your SD card and send the latest fusee-primary.bin using TegraRcmGUI.

P

Pgdollar88

Active Member

Newcomer

Level 1

Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Messages
25
Trophies
0
Age
36
XP
75
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (11)
  • Jan 28, 2021
  • #7

So I'm still having issues getting the Tinfoil installer to run. I just updated the Tinfoil files on the SD card, booted into Atmosphere, and clicked install. Now I have a blank tile with a spinning symbol in the middle (like where a game tile would be). I tried deleting it from data management, but I'm still getting a blank tile and "could not start the app." Any advice? I'd love to NOT have to delete everything and start over.

Last edited by Pgdollar88,

Lacius

Well-Known Member

Member

Level 26

Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
18,100
Trophies
3
XP
18,368
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (13)
  • Jan 28, 2021
  • #8

Pgdollar88 said:

So I'm still having issues getting the Tinfoil installer to run. I just updated the Tinfoil files on the SD card, booted into Atmosphere, and clicked install. Now I have a blank tile with a spinning symbol in the middle (like where a game tile would be). I tried deleting it from data management, but I'm still getting a blank tile and "could not start the app." Any advice? I'd love to NOT have to delete everything and start over.

Are you using the proper signature patches? You didn't provide a lot of information.

P

Pgdollar88

Active Member

Newcomer

Level 1

Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Messages
25
Trophies
0
Age
36
XP
75
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (14)
  • Jan 31, 2021
  • #9

Lacius said:

Are you using the proper signature patches? You didn't provide a lot of information.

Sorry about that. I am new to all of this and was not sure what information was needed. I likely was not using the proper signature patches. I followed a new tutorial online that directed me to the most update sig patches, and Tinfoil successfully installed.

Draxzelex

Well-Known Member

Member

Level 23

Joined
Aug 6, 2017
Messages
19,052
Trophies
2
Age
29
Location
New York City
XP
13,516
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (16)
  • Feb 7, 2021
  • #10

heganovicgamer said:

So my switch turned off and I accidentally deleted chat where a guy that sold me said to do when that happens and I don't have his number. I searched everywhere online but I can't find how to turn it back on...

Do you know if the console has AutoRCM enabled?

C

celinedrules

Member

Newcomer

Level 2

Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
9
Trophies
1
XP
152
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (17)
  • Mar 4, 2021
  • #12

HeatherineDreamer said:

Hello, I'm pretty new still to using custom firmware and the like on my switch, and I just got a second SD Card so I could download more games. I have set up all the custom firmware on the new SD Card, and I'm having a problem I had with my very first SD Card, that eventually just seemed to fix itself. Basically I go to open up the tinfoil installer and it just closes immediately and doesn't install it. It's probably a problem on my end, I'm wondering how I may be able to fix this?

It did the same for me but then I realized that it did work. If you look on the home screen there will be a new tile there for tinfoil.

stsaerox

As old as the NES

Member

Level 3

Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
176
Trophies
1
XP
232
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (19)
  • Jul 21, 2021
  • #12

I have the same issue Tinfoil stopped working after sometime while I didn't update or change anything...

So Ive decided to update atmosphere, Hekate and Tinfoil but the issue remain, I get the message "software won't start try again from the home menu"

The only thing I don't know is the related sig patches status, Is there a guide to check em and update because the guide I followed doesn't exist anymore...

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »

Member

Level 11

Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
1,043
Trophies
0
XP
2,505
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (21)
  • Jul 23, 2021
  • #13

stsaerox said:

I have the same issue Tinfoil stopped working after sometime while I didn't update or change anything...

So Ive decided to update atmosphere, Hekate and Tinfoil but the issue remain, I get the message "software won't start try again from the home menu"

The only thing I don't know is the related sig patches status, Is there a guide to check em and update because the guide I followed doesn't exist anymore...

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

  • Tinfoil Installer Not Working (22)

Reactions:

stsaerox

stsaerox

As old as the NES

Member

Level 3

Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
176
Trophies
1
XP
232
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (24)
  • Aug 1, 2021
  • #14

As I said previously Ive updated atmosphere, Hekate and Tinfoil.

Ive also tried the latest signpatches but also tried previous version for firmware 11.0.1..
but the issue remain, I get the message "software won't start try again from the home menu"

What else do I need to check?

Spider_Man

Well-Known Member

Member

Level 15

Joined
May 28, 2015
Messages
3,938
Trophies
0
Age
38
XP
5,226
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (26)
  • Aug 9, 2021
  • #15

today ive just noticed tinfoil wont download anything, it displays games, but they end up in the failed que.

nothing has been changed, firmware or cfw since last using it, ive disabled all links and found upstash isnt downloading anymore.

Hayato213

Newcomer

Member

Level 29

Joined
Dec 26, 2015
Messages
20,261
Trophies
1
XP
21,631
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (28)
  • Aug 9, 2021
  • #16

Retroboy said:

today ive just noticed tinfoil wont download anything, it displays games, but they end up in the failed que.

nothing has been changed, firmware or cfw since last using it, ive disabled all links and found upstash isnt downloading anymore.

If the app launch then the problem is the shop, not really the app.

Spider_Man

Well-Known Member

Member

Level 15

Joined
May 28, 2015
Messages
3,938
Trophies
0
Age
38
XP
5,226
Country
Tinfoil Installer Not Working (30)
  • Aug 9, 2021
  • #17

Hayato213 said:

If the app launch then the problem is the shop, not really the app.

yea the app loads up fine, ive gone into all my shop links and turned them all off then tested one at a time, none work.

only one that displays new games ect is upstash but when i try download anything it fails.

ill try look online check if its settings have changed as i dont get why it displays the new games but fails to download as all my other shop links dont display anything at all.

the ones i have are
UpStash (this will display the new games/dlc/updates section)
ChaosStash (shows nothing)
PartyShop (shows nothing)
JITS Shop (shows nothing)
Eevee Save Project (working fine)
Pengu (shows nothing)
Stealth Shop (shows nothing)
ReDump (shows nothing)
QuotaShop (shows nothing)
Rebrand (shows nothing)

each time i enable one at a time, i fully close tinfoil then open it up again.

the last time i noticed a problem like this my switch had changed its date/time settings so i set that right and it fixed the problem, but my date/time settings this time are correct so ive no clue why none of them work and only UpStash displays the new games etc in the side bar.

after looking found stealthshop setting was different to its site so changed to that and now working, maybe look see if the other ones had changed.

Last edited by ,

Tinfoil Installer Not Working (2024)

References

Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Jamar Nader

Last Updated:

Views: 6299

Rating: 4.4 / 5 (55 voted)

Reviews: 86% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Jamar Nader

Birthday: 1995-02-28

Address: Apt. 536 6162 Reichel Greens, Port Zackaryside, CT 22682-9804

Phone: +9958384818317

Job: IT Representative

Hobby: Scrapbooking, Hiking, Hunting, Kite flying, Blacksmithing, Video gaming, Foraging

Introduction: My name is Jamar Nader, I am a fine, shiny, colorful, bright, nice, perfect, curious person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.